Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Patience

Wow! It has seriously been a LOOOOOONG time since my last post. Life definitely is busy! Short update- I will graduate in May and then Aaron will start school again in the fall. Hopefully he will be done in about 3 1/2 years.

Lately life has been rough. I wish I could say I'm superwoman and going to school full time with 3 kids is a breeze but I can't. My little baby seems to think he's wasting away and tends to wake up frequently at night.....and by frequently, I mean pretty much anytime he realizes I'm in a deep sleep. Okay, a little dramatic. He tends to wake up about every hour and a half to 2 hours if I'm lucky. If I'm not he shoots for every 45 minutes. Lucky me. Right about now you are feeling pretty jealous, aren't you?! Ha. I would be, too. Anyway, lack of sleep makes my classes pretty difficult......oh, what classes did you wait and take your last semester you asked? Well, I'll indulge you. 5 classes and a lab that consist of a Data Optimization class (involving econometrics), Strategic Business Management, Agriculture Market Structures, Ag Finance, and a Soils class. Mmmmmm, you just got even more jealous of my life! But, on a serious note, this has been one of the hardest times of the last maybe 10 years of my life.

Because of the lack of sleep and the heavy class load I've been feeling like a bad friend, wife, daughter, and mother. I feel like I'm not a fun person to be around and I'm not a very patient person. This has been heavy on my mind and General Conference really hit this home. Tonight, for my personal scripture study I studied patience and I've determined to have a patience project. I'm going to pay more attention to those around me who are better at patience than I am and find ways to emulate them. I'm also going to study more from the life of Christ to try to put into place those things that will help me become more patient and loving to EVERYONE around me, not just my kids. I want to see what kind of impact this has on my life and how much brighter it will make my life feel to me.

I will end with this little nugget I found "Let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, and slow to wrath." James 1:19

No comments:

Post a Comment